Website Christians Against Poverty New Zealand
About our role
The New Clients Team Leader leads the team that works with CAP Debt Help clients during the onboarding and initial few months of their journey working with CAP. This role provides oversight and management of all New Clients operations, including booking clients into appointments and building budgets, to ensure that CAP continues to serve Debt Help clients with excellence.
The New Clients Team Leader works alongside the Head of Client Services and the wider Client Services leadership team to ensure that workflows and processes serve clients effectively. This role is highly relational, with key stakeholders including clients, creditors, CAP Debt Help coaches, as well as internal CAP teams.
As the New Clients Team Leader, you will have a passion and vision to see families and whānau across Aotearoa set free from the burden of unmanageable debt and moving towards a place of financial health. You will be committed to accuracy and excellence in client-centred service delivery, and are particularly comfortable working with complex situations. You will be comfortable with financial systems and practices, and particularly comfortable with building budgets.
As a leader, you will enjoy leading teams and empowering others, likely with some existing leadership and management experience. In particular, you know how to balance strong boundaries with care and compassion, so that you can lead the team in working well in complex situations while not compromising their own wellbeing. You also thrive on working collaboratively, identifying solutions and shaping a culture of ongoing learning and excellence. You’ll move with ease between the detailed nature of client casework and managing the team, as both are required in this role.
Key Requirements we’re looking for in our New Clients Team Leader:
- Strong time management with a capacity for large workloads, and an attitude of completion
- Strong skills in problem-solving and finding solutions
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills with a proven focus on accuracy
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong experience working in client-centred service delivery
- Familiarity with financial institutions, systems and practices in Aotearoa
Please refer to the Job Description for a detailed outline of the role, as well as the skills, abilities, and attributes we are looking for.
About our organisation
CAP is a not-for-profit organisation working across Aotearoa to bring hope and help to individuals and whānau who are trapped in debt and poverty.
Every month, CAP receives hundreds of phone calls from New Zealanders who are drowning in unmanageable debt. It consumes more than they have to give; families are forced to sacrifice living essentials to pay their creditors. Our free, professional Debt Help service enables clients to repay their debt using their own income, and work towards a better future. As with all of CAP’s services, Debt Help is delivered in partnership with local churches, allowing clients to receive holistic care as they journey towards the ‘debt free’ finish line.
Some of the benefits of working at CAP
- You will be joining a team of skilled and dedicated individuals who are passionate about CAP’s mahi and making a difference in the community
- Staff wellbeing and health is of high importance at CAP, with an employee assistance programme and flexible working options available
- Generous annual leave provisions – annual entitlement of five weeks for the first year, then building towards six weeks
- Best of all – you will play a part in positively impacting the lives of New Zealanders in poverty – and the generations that follow
Please note that you will be required to disclose any convictions or pending charges in your application, and a Ministry of Justice vetting check, with acceptable results, will be a condition of appointment to this role. Please see CAP’s Police Check Policy for more details.
There is no closing date for applying for this role – however the vacancy will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Get your application in now!
To apply for this job please visit capnz.bamboohr.com.