Website Christians Against Poverty New Zealand
About the Organisation
CAP is a not-for-profit organisation working across Aotearoa to bring hope and help to individuals and whānau who are trapped in debt and poverty.
Every month, CAP receives hundreds of phone calls from New Zealanders who are drowning in unmanageable debt. It consumes more than they have to give; families are forced to sacrifice living essentials to pay their creditors. Our free, professional Debt Help service enables clients to repay their debt using their own income, and work towards a better future. As with all of CAP’s services, Debt Help is delivered in partnership with local churches, allowing clients to receive holistic care as they journey towards the ‘debt free’ finish line.
About the Role
The New Projects Manager role sits within the Service Development team, with a primary focus on delivering projects which strengthen all parts of CAP’s services to clients. The projects involve all aspects of change, including improvement and innovation initiatives. To give an idea of the kind of work to be executed, these are some of the projects currently in the pipeline, which need fabulous technical management skill to take them forward:
- Re-imagining the way we work with clients to gather the paperwork required to produce budgets; and negotiate to with their creditors
- Leveraging technology to understand and influence our grass roots level program implementation
- Piloting new models of existing services to:
- reduce the barriers CAP clients experience in their journey to going Debt Free
- increase participation of the local church in serving their communities through CAP services
- Meet client needs in new ways, as identified by the wider Services Department
While most of the work will be focused on service-related projects, there will also be a requirement to deliver projects across other areas of the organisation.
Key areas of delivery for the role include:
- To lead and manage the process of designing projects, to ensure they meet stated objectives.
- To manage each project process within timeframe and budget, meeting objectives.
- To work collaboratively with internal clients and teams, to ensure the success of projects and to encourage a culture of learning.
You are an experienced project manager, with a demonstrated ability to create and implement project delivery frameworks, and it’s a real bonus if you’ve done this in the social service space. You are committed to stewarding resources well, including budgets, time and relationships. While you are a champion of details and documentation, to be successful in this role you will also be a strong communicator and relationship-builder. Bringing people with you and building commitment to deliver on a project is something you value and do well. Your professional experience is underpinned by curiosity and collaboration, and the ability to mainstream ongoing learning and improvement through all that you do. Here are a few of the requirements we’re looking for in our New Projects Manager (see the full Job Description found at the application link for more):
- A strong personal alignment with the foundational Christian philosophy of CAP.
- A passion and vision for families and whanau across Aotearoa to be set free from debt and poverty.
- A strong personal commitment to quality improvement and ongoing learning – growth mindset
- Efficient, organised and able to keep ‘on top’ of the work.
- Proven ability to communicate the “why” behind innovation and change, enabling this to be compelling for stakeholders to participate in, support and implement.
- Skills in creating and maintaining effective documentation frameworks, capturing and reporting on innovation activities for the learning of the wider organisation.
- Strong ability to manage budgets, allocating resources wisely.
- Knowledge and skill in different approaches, frameworks and models for project management, and experience with pertinent computer programmes a bonus.
- Proven track record and demonstrable experience of leading projects which deliver on their desired benefits.
Some of the benefits and perks
- Bringing transformational change across the generations because of the work you do – the biggest and best perk of them all!
- Being part of a team of like-minded, passionate colleagues working in a fun, professional environment
- Work-life balance with flexible 37.5 hour weeks and generous leave provisions
- Growth of your knowledge, skills and confidence with a personalised professional development plan, and enjoyable and informative organisation-wide learning opportunities.
Important Application Details
If you can’t wait to join our professional team bringing hope and help to New Zealanders, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
Please apply at https://capnz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=77&source=aWQ9MzE%3D.
You can also download a full Job Description and view CAP’s Police Check Policy at the bottom of the listing at the above link.
Please note: You are required to disclose any convictions or pending charges in your application, and a Police Check will be requested if you are appointed to the role.
To apply for this job please visit capnz.bamboohr.com.