Website Deacon Trust
Teaching and equipping the church in mental health
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and grow a new mental health project while serving communities and churches.
Who are we?
Deacon Trust is a Christian organisation that provides education (NZQA registered) to support mental health in the community. It trains mental health support workers who graduate with a formal qualification (Deacon Training Academy) and provides education in community settings (HeartSpace and HeadSpace). The Trust’s overall goal is to increase awareness and understanding of mental health issues and help close the gap in existing services.
Manager responsibilities include:
- Managing the organisation’s financial operations
- Building and managing professional and community relationships
- Meet reporting requirements
We are looking for an experienced and skilled manager (part-time) who can combine leadership with managing key operations such as balancing financial and reporting requirements while liaising and relationship building among different communities. Working from home is an option.
You will fulfil the role in ways that promote the organisation’s core beliefs and values.
- Part Time position,
- Lead organisational operations and projects, development, and growth,
- Manage financial operations,
- Develop and maintain relationships with communities and churches,
- Manage professional relationships and contracts,
- Develop placement host relationships for student practicums: recruiting, liaison, evaluating, and maintenance,
- Lead NZQA review processes and organisational self-assessments,
- Meet reporting requirements for external agencies (e.g. NZQA, Charities Commission) and the Board of Trustees, and
- Supervise and manage administration staff performance.
Requirements and skills
To fulfil this strategic and vital role, you need to:
- Have outstanding leadership and organisational skills
- Have excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Be versatile and people oriented
- Pay attention to details
- Work within and meet deadlines
- Have proven experience as a manager or other managerial position
- Have advanced working knowledge of MS Office and Xero as well as IT proficiency to learn other relevant software (Student Management System and reporting software).
How to apply
To apply, email email@example.com for a confidential chat and a position description. To apply for this vacancy, you must hold a valid visa that demonstrates your right to work in New Zealand.