Website NZ Christian Network
Strengthening the Church of Aotearoa New Zealand
On contract and as required for events which include Prayer Breakfasts, congress, and other related events
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Event Coordinator on a contract basis to help organise and coordinate prayer breakfasts nationwide, the NZ Christian Leaders’ Congress, and other gatherings (online or in-person) as directed by the working board. The Event Coordinator will be responsible for planning, executing, and ensuring the success of these events in alignment with the organisation’s vision and objectives.
See and potentially combine with other contract or part-time roles currently available with NZCN:
- Communications and Content Coordinator
- Administrative and Financial Administrator
- Pray as One NZ – Team Leader
- New Zealand Christian Network (NZ Christian Network & NZCN)
- Prayer Breakfasts
- NZ Christian Leaders’ Congress (Congress)
Place of work, software, and equipment:
- This position is contract-based, with the flexibility to travel as necessary to coordinate events nationwide.
- Flexible working hours are required according to the needs of the various events being planned or run.
- Remote work – NZCN does not have any office facilities
- You will need to provide your own computer equipment, cell phone, internet connection, and office equipment
- Most meetings take place either on Zoom or over the phone.
- Most communication is handled via email (MS Office 365) and files are stored in SharePoint.
- NZCN pays for all subscriptions for software and online applications.
1. Event Planning and Coordination:
- Develop comprehensive event plans for prayer breakfasts, the NZ Christian Leaders’ Congress, and other gatherings, considering logistics, schedules, vendors, and resources required.
- Coordinate all aspects of the events, including venue selection, catering, audio-visual needs, event promotion, attendee registration, and post-event evaluations.
2. Logistical Management:
- Oversee event logistics, including travel arrangements, accommodations, transportation, and on-site event management to ensure smooth operations.
- Plan, coordinate and administrate any online meetings (Zoom)
3. Sponsor and Speaker Management:
- Liaise with sponsors, and speakers to negotiate agreements, confirm arrangements, and coordinate their participation in events.
4. Marketing and Promotion:
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote events and drive attendance, utilising various channels including social media, newsletters, and partnership collaborations.
5. Financial Management:
- Develop event budgets, monitor expenses, and ensure adherence to financial guidelines and constraints set by the organisation, NZCN’s Financial Administrator, and the working board.
6. Communication and Collaboration:
- Maintain open communication with the working board and other stakeholders, providing regular updates on event progress, challenges, and outcomes.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure seamless coordination and execution of events.
- Proven experience as an Event Coordinator or in a similar role, preferably in organising religious or community events and a basic understanding of Māori protocol.
- Excellent organisational and multitasking abilities, with attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiation and relationship management.
- Proficiency in event management, planning and executing events.
- Relevant experience in event coordination and planning.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled Event Coordinator to bring our vision of impactful gatherings to life, uniting Christian leaders and believers across New Zealand.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, event portfolio, and any relevant references to Stuart Lange.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.