Website Open Doors New Zealand
- Full time | Flexible working environment
- Location: Major city preferred
Are you passionate about strengthening the global Church? Open Doors is seeking a skilled and experienced Relationship Manager in New Zealand to help us connect with and serve churches, enabling them to support persecuted Christians across the world. This opportunity provides a chance to collaborate closely with the local church, establish connections with church leaders, and embrace the rich diversity within local Christian churches.
WHY OPEN DOORS?
In Christ, we strengthen the most persecuted. We connect the Australian and New Zealand church with their persecuted family to deepen one another’s discipleship journey. When you work with us, you’ll get the chance to strengthen the faith of persecuted Christians, even in the most dangerous places.
We asked our people their thoughts on working with Open Doors and here’s what they had to say:
- “Working for Open Doors means being challenged and encouraged in your faith every day! It’s a privilege to be in a job that helps strengthen the global body of Christ.”
- “Seeing and hearing real stories of persecution has forced me to see my walk with Christ in a new way.”
- “It is such a joy to know that I’m using the gifts that God has given me to help serve those who need to be served.”
Working with us also provides the opportunity to be a part of regular team devotions, access to Christian counselling and mentoring, as well as coming together for bi-annual team days for fellowship, prayer, and worship.
Last year, our work at Open Doors helped 7,075,604 persecuted Christians across the globe, providing:
- 1,700,000 people with Bibles and Christian literature.
- 3,200,000 people with discipleship, training, mentoring, and counselling.
- 1,500,000 people with in-person visits, care, and prayer.
- 600,000 people with socioeconomic development, emergency relief, medical care, and education.
As a growing and respected ministry that supports persecuted Christians in more than 70 countries, we are the leading voice on Christian persecution and trusted partner to build a mature and unified global Church. We’re excited to hire someone who shares the same ideals by connecting with like-minded people, partners, and communities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Open Doors is seeking a Church Relationship Manager in New Zealand to help us connect with and serve new and existing church partners, enabling them to support persecuted Christians across the world. The Relationship Manager is an essential member of the Open Doors team. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Developing new relationships with churches to increase the profile, influence, and impact of Open Doors within a denomination and/or geographic area.
- Managing, coordinating, and building up an existing portfolio of church partnerships and connections.
- Contributing to the development, implementation, and evaluation of initiatives and strategies for the church in your area and across Australia and New Zealand.
- Maintaining and leveraging CRM data to aid in planning and strategy development.
- Public speaking at Open Doors Sunday’s (2-3 Sundays a month), conferences, and media interviews, which involve regular domestic travel.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
For this role, we are ideally seeking the following:
- Relevant experience in ministry, fundraising, sales, marketing, and/or communications
- Knowledge, understanding, and networks within the New Zealand church landscape
- Thorough biblical knowledge and demonstrated ability to communicate with influence, including public speaking and storytelling
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective relationships
- Highly developed time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player with energy and creativity
- Self-motivated and innovative, exhibiting a strong willingness to learn and absorb new information
- Ability to work with Objectives and KPIs to achieve goals and targets
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Relationship Manager, Account Manager or similar
- Theological training
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM software
- Experience working in a not-for-profit
If you share our passion to make a difference to the most important issues in our Christian world today, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your brief resume (max. 3 pages) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received by close of business, Monday 25th September 2023
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.