Website Sanitarium Health Food Company
Are you passionate about developing sustainable, innovative packaging solutions, with a knack for conceptual thinking? This role is your opportunity!
Sanitarium is one of New Zealand’s most iconic and trusted brands. We’re New Zealand owned – which we think is pretty special – and we’re also proud to have some of this country’s most loved products… including everyone’s favourite NZ breakfast cereal – Weet-Bix, our range of delicious Adult Cereals including Light & Tasty and Granola, UP&GO, Marmite and So Good.
We are passionate about everything we do, from producing healthy breakfast options, to fostering good health and wellbeing through our free nutrition advice service, running the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon series, and tackling child hunger through the Kick Start Breakfast Club.
About the role
Based in Royal Oak, Auckland, you will work closely with the Product Development Team and the Factory, initiating and leading packaging-related projects for the purpose of NPD, cost reduction, sustainability, and quality or process improvement.
In this key role you will:
- Manage the packaging related aspects of allocated strategic and tactical development projects for all products manufactured in New Zealand.
- Respond and provide technical support in resolving packaging related quality issues in the factory and marketplace.
- Support the Product Development & Sustainability Manager as the key link to packaging suppliers and keep abreast of developments in industry and marketplace.
- Develop and maintain accurate Technical Specifications and related documentation for designed packaging systems and materials including ARL / PREP tool requirements.
- Work with our suppliers to produce the best outcomes in terms of packaging performance, cost, innovation, and sustainability.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, and recommend opportunities for packaging innovation, cost and quality improvements for existing and new Sanitarium operations and products.
- Design, conduct and report on experiments and factory trials as required.
- Develop designs and artwork for all corrugated paperboard packaging used by Sanitarium NZ.
We expect you are a customer focused, organized team player, with a creative, investigative bend, demonstrating:
- A tertiary qualification in Packaging Technology or related science area such as Materials & Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a packaging technology related field
- A working knowledge of OHS, food regulations & food safety, and HACCP
- Strong analytical, mathematical & statistical capability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound interpersonal & communication skills
- Computer skills; e.g. MS Office, CAD, PIQET, TOPS
- A willingness to be ‘hands on’ where required
Please note: flexibility around work hours will be required when trials are taking place.
What we can offer you
Sanitarium provides a supportive workplace, offering opportunities for personal and professional development. We genuinely care for the health and wellbeing of our employees and offer a range of benefits that support this aim. We are an organisation driven by our purpose and values. If you share our passion for what we do and our products and can respect our Christian based principles, then don’t miss out on this opportunity; apply today!
Don’t delay! Applications close Friday 3rd June 2022, however, we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the closing date.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sanitarium.co.nz.