Disability Awareness Seminar
Saturday 28th September
9 am – 3 pm
Registration open from 8:30 am with hot drinks provided
Venue: 173 Mt Smart Rd, Onehunga, Auckland
Register by phone (09 636 4763) or click here to email us.
Our Disability Awareness Seminar is a great foundation for those wanting to gain a better understanding of what it is like to live with a disability and for people interested in volunteering with us. We would encourage anyone who wants to learn how to be more inclusive to join us.
The day includes:
- personal experiences of disability shared by those living with a disability
- communication techniques
- biblical perspective of disability
- common attitudes and beliefs about disability
- practical simulations and debriefing
- demonstration of adaptive equipment
By attending the seminar you will be:
- more aware of barriers faced by those living with a disability
- challenged to consider your attitudes and beliefs about disability
- provided an opportunity to hear from and talk with people who live with a disability
- equipped to help remove barriers for communication and interaction
This day is hugely subsidised as we want to ensure anybody interested is able to attend.