Website Pray as One NZ
Christians Uniting for Aotearoa
Pray as One NZ is a ministry under the umbrella of NZ Chrisitan Network
This is a contract role of approx. 4 hours per week, as outlined below
We are seeking a motivated and organised Team Leader to plan and coordinate our weekly Pray as One NZ Zoom prayer meetings. The successful candidate will be responsible for scheduling guest speakers, creating newsletters, managing technical aspects of the meetings, and handling communication via emails.
Pray As One NZ runs every Monday evening, except for during the summer holiday break. You will be required to be on Zoom most Mondays from 7:45-9:15pm and to liaise with NZCN’s Communications and Content Coordinator to produce content for newsletters and Facebook.
See and potentially combine with other contract or part-time roles currently available with NZCN:
Place of work, software, and equipment:
- This role is remote and requires you to provide your own equipment and internet.
- Most meetings take place either on Zoom or over the phone.
- Most communication and file sharing is handled via email and Teams (MS Office 365).
- NZCN pays for all subscriptions for software and online applications.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate the scheduling of prayer meetings and related tasks. Pray as One NZ is live on Zoom between 7:45-9:15pm all Mondays except for summer holidays.
- This role may be in conjunction with the person taking on the Communications and Content Coordinator role or the same person can fill both roles. See also Communications and Content Coordinator
1. Guest Speaker Coordination:
- Plan and organise the speaking schedule for the year, ensuring a diverse and engaging line up that, over the period of a month, includes a message from a Christian leader for our praying community, regional focus, persecuted church/current topic focus, and ministry/Next Gen focus
- Collaborate with team members to identify and schedule guest speakers for the Zoom prayer meetings
2. Newsletter Creation and Distribution:
- Develop weekly newsletters to inform participants about upcoming meetings, guest speakers, and relevant resources. For PAONZ Monday and NZCN the Friday earlier
- Provide links to previous week’s resources and other related material to enhance participants’ engagement and understanding
3. Social Media:
- Prepare graphic images for each week’s speaker/topic to be used on social media as well as re-sized for the video thumbnail using Canva as well as format the video
- Post notices, announcements, relevant links and videos on Facebook (min. 3 posts/week)
4. Technical Administration:
- Serve as the technical administrator for 75% of the Zoom prayer meetings, ensuring a smooth and trouble-free virtual gathering. Monday evenings 7:45-9:15pm
- Familiarity with Zoom features and troubleshooting technical issues during the meetings to ensure a seamless experience
5. Communication and Email Management:
- Respond to emails and inquiries promptly and professionally, providing necessary information and assistance to participants, which includes being available outside of the meeting time to help trouble-shoot participants’ technical issues
- Keep a clear and organised record of communication for reference and follow-up
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proficient in using Zoom and other relevant virtual meeting platforms
- Familiarity with creating and distributing newsletters and managing email communications
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and lead effectively
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Commitment to promoting a sense of unity and engagement within the prayer community
- Previous experience in event planning, coordination, or a similar role is highly desirable
- Knowledge of prayer meetings, spiritual practices, or related events is a plus
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically capable, and relational person with a heart to lead both the PAONZ team and our wider praying community. Although meetings usually consist of 40-60 participants on Monday nights, many more people join and engage with us via watching the videos on Facebook and YouTube, as well as through the messages posted in the weekly newsletter and occasional email conversations. This has become a close-knit and highly relational prayer group that meets regularly and spans the nation.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and any relevant references to Stuart Lange.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.