Website Christians Against Poverty New Zealand
About our role
CAP’s work requires project management and robust evaluation to ensure ongoing effectiveness. This role provides leadership to:
- Strengthen all parts of CAP’s service, bringing strategic insights, improvement, innovation, and/or change
- Build and maintain an excellent Project Management function at CAP.
This role is fixed-term for two years, to support the review and development of CAP’s services over this time.
You are an outstanding communicator, organic relationship builder and a natural executor. You:
- Demonstrate a growth mindset
- Prioritise with excellence
- Have great attention to detail and diligence with finishing projects
- Lead with humility, curiosity, and focus on results
Please refer to the Job Description for a detailed outline of the role, as well as the skills, abilities, and attributes we are looking for.
About our organisation
CAP is a not-for-profit organisation working across Aotearoa to bring hope and help to individuals and whānau who are trapped in debt and poverty.
Every month, CAP receives hundreds of phone calls from New Zealanders who are drowning in unmanageable debt. It consumes more than they have to give; families are forced to sacrifice living essentials to pay their creditors. Our free, professional Debt Help service enables clients to repay their debt using their own income, and work towards a better future. As with all of CAP’s services, Debt Help is delivered in partnership with local churches, allowing clients to receive holistic care as they journey towards the ‘debt free’ finish line.
Some of the benefits of working at CAP
- You will be joining a team of skilled and dedicated individuals who are passionate about CAP’s mahi and making a difference in the community
- Service Development is a team of people
- eager to question the status quo, open to changing their minds, and willing to be honest about the organisation’s challenges
- proactive in bringing solutions, trying new things and thinking creatively
- Leadership staff aspire to outstanding work culture, and create space for ownership, development, meaningful feedback, learning and stretching skills
- staff wellbeing and health is of high importance at CAP, with an employee assistance programme and flexible working options available
- Generous annual leave provisions – annual entitlement of five weeks for the first year, then building towards six weeks
- Best of all – you will play a part in positively impacting the lives of New Zealanders in poverty – and the generations that follow
Please note that you will be required to disclose any convictions or pending charges in your application, and a Ministry of Justice vetting check, with acceptable results, will be a condition of appointment to this role. Please see CAP’s Police Check Policy for more details. There is no closing date for applying for this role – however the vacancy will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Get your application in now!
To apply for this job please visit capnz.bamboohr.com.