Events and Operations Coordinator – Maternity Cover
Part-time – 24hrs/week
Administration and Operations
Maxim Institute is an independent think tank working to promote the dignity of every person in New Zealand by standing for freedom, justice, and compassion.
At the core of our work is an understanding that ideas will shape society over time. So we’re in the business of long-term research and analysis of the policies and ideas that form our nation’s social, political, and cultural practices.
We’re working towards a positive future for New Zealand, where each of us is grounded in deep connections with our communities, where we treat each other with generosity and strive for unity while respecting our differences, and where we all have the opportunities we need to provide for ourselves, our families, and our communities.
About this role
Supporting the Senior Operations Administrator and Executive Director, this role combines event planning and execution with operations administration support. Event hosting is a vital way Maxim welcomes people to encounter new ideas and think deeply about the issues shaping our nation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Project management and delivery of Maxim Institute internal and external events.
- Working with management on a variety of operational and administrative tasks.
- Liaising with suppliers, tradespeople, and contractors as necessary.
- Managing the Maxim Institute Donor Database and supporting mailing campaigns and donor communications
Training will be provided; however, experience, as follows, is essential:
- Event Planning and Execution – experience in the framing, planning and execution of events that will enhance the impact of Maxim.
- Administration skills – the ability to efficiently and flexibly span a wide range of admin and operations activities.
- Attention to detail – the ability to follow processes and maintain high data integrity across various tasks.
- Communication Skills – the ability to listen well and communicate requirements clearly.
You will need to be comfortable in a Christian environment, reflecting a range of faith expressions and be supportive of Maxim’s objectives.
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of a collaborative, caring and creative team.
- Contribute to making a positive difference in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
- Exposure to a unique and meaningful think tank environment where current and vital issues are considered and explored.
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to Mail@maxim.org.nz.