Website Christians Against Poverty New Zealand
Budget Solutions Adviser – Auckland
- Bring hope and light back into people’s lives by providing practical solutions to families across Aotearoa who are grappling with unmanageable debt.
- Great interpersonal skills needed with the ability to follow process and procedure, and be solutions focused.
- A sound understanding of personal budgeting or similar skills would be beneficial, however full training will be provided
As part of the wider Client Services Department, the Budget Solutions Advisor is a role that is critical for setting clients up for the win on their journey out of debt. Therefore, it requires someone who can deliver a high level of accuracy, has the ability to think of the bigger picture when completing budget assessments, and who has the ability to learn new skills.
If this sounds like you and you can’t wait to join our growing professional team bringing hope and help to New Zealanders, then we would love to hear from you!
CAP is a Not-For-Profit Organisation working across Aotearoa to support individuals and families who are living in unmanageable debt and poverty.
Every month, CAP receives hundreds of phone calls from New Zealanders across Aotearoa who are grappling with unmanageable debt. Being in unmanageable debt means that their debts consume more than they have to give; individuals and families have no other choice but to sacrifice their everyday living essentials to pay their debts.
CAP’s professional Debt Help Service enables our clients to work towards a brighter future; clients are supported to be able to repay their debts using their own income only, in accordance to their unique budget created just for them. As with all of CAP’s services, our Debt Help Service is also delivered in partnership with our local churches across Aotearoa, enabling our clients to receive holistic care as they journey towards becoming debt free.
About this Role
As part of the New Clients Team, the purpose of this role is to ensure that all our new clients who are engaged with the CAP ‘Debt Help’ service are set up for success in their journey out of debt. This role requires a mix of excellent big picture thinking and interpersonal skills. It is an extremely unique and rewarding role that is vital to the work of CAP.
CAP values character, culture, and competence. If you have the right attitude and an appetite to learn and do things well, we have what you need to be able to continue growing and developing in this role.
At the application URL below you can find a link to the job description for a detailed outline of the skills, abilities, and attributes we are looking for.
Some of the Perks and Benefits of Working at CAP
- You will be entering an extremely unique and rewarding role, joining a team of kind, fun and passionate individuals who are all for our clients and each other.
- CAP has an exceptional approach to work-life balance with opportunities for generous flexible working arrangements and annual leave provisions.
- Staff wellbeing and health is highly important at CAP. Whether it be you or your family, we do our best to offer what you need to be supported well in your role.
- We recognise that Covid 19 has impacted job security in many workplaces. CAP is blessed to be able to say in confidence that we continue to thrice and expand as the need for our service across Aotearoa grows.
- The biggest perk of all – you will see and be a part of many lives and generations positively impacted and changed.
Please note: You are required to disclose any convictions or pending charges in your application, and a Ministry of Justice vetting check, with acceptable results, will be a condition of appointment to this role.