Website Christians Against Poverty New Zealand
CAP is a not-for-profit organisation working across Aotearoa to bring hope and help to families and whānau who are trapped in debt and poverty.
Every month, CAP receives hundreds of phone calls from New Zealanders who are drowning in unmanageable debt. It consumes more than they have to give; families are forced to sacrifice living essentials to pay their creditors. Our free, professional Debt Help service enables clients to repay their debt using their own income, and work towards a better future. As with all of CAP’s services, Debt Help is delivered in partnership with local churches, allowing clients to receive holistic care as they journey towards the ‘debt free’ finish line.
About this Role
As part of the Operations Team, the purpose of this role is to provide administration support to the Operations Director and team. The Operations Team oversees Human Resources, Technology, Internal Events and Engagement, Facilities, Health and Safety, and Technology. The Operations Administrator will support across the team, but specifically in the areas of recruitment support, payroll administration, staff records, and event coordination.
If you have the desire to embrace CAP’s faith-based ethos, have a learning attitude and the graciousness to relate well with people, this may be the role for you.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have a broad range of administration skills and experience.
- Be able to work at pace while navigating the complexities of supporting multiple team members with different priorities.
- Be flexible and willing to pick up any task, from practical duties to more complex administration.
- Be a great fit for the CAP team, able to thrive in our faith-based culture, and join us on our haeranga of embracing Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Experience in at least one of the following:
- Payroll administration
- Recruitment administration
- Staff record keeping
- Event coordination
- Setting up meetings, taking notes, collating information, preparing documents
- Policy review and creation support
At the application URL below you can find a link to the job description for a detailed outline of the skills, abilities, and attributes we are looking for.
Why it’s great to work at CAP
- You will be joining a team of skilled and dedicated individuals who are passionate about CAP’s mahi and making a difference in the community.
- Staff wellbeing and health is of high importance at CAP, with an employee assistance programme and flexible working options available.
- Five weeks Annual Leave provision for new recruits and further provisions for longer tenure staff.
- You will be working for an organisation that continues to grow, even in the midst of the Covid 19 pandemic.
- And most of all – you will play a part in positively impacting the lives of New Zealanders in poverty – and the generations that follow.
Please note: You are required to disclose any convictions or pending charges in your application, and a Ministry of Justice vetting check, with acceptable results, will be a condition of appointment to this role.
To apply for this job please visit capnz.bamboohr.com.