Website Laidlaw College
The Finance Operations & Systems Manager is a new position that will be strategically instrumental in the delivery and continuous improvement of Laidlaw’s financial systems and data. An immediate priority will be leading the needs analysis and formation of a business case for our current and future finance system needs. On a day-to-day basis, the role will provide proactive technical and people leadership for the interface between Finance and wider College systems and teams. This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and you will work closely with our People Leads and the Senior Leadership Team.
Broadly, your areas of responsibility will include:
- Scoping and project managing the implementation of new general ledger and finance system solutions
- Providing leadership, mentoring and direction for the Finance Team.
- Implementing and delivering effective and excellent day to day financial processes including payroll, taxation, Professional Development and Research allowances, Donations, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Fixed Assets etc
- Developing effective partnerships with staff across Laidlaw, including capacity development of financial literacy and budget management for people leaders and budget holders.
- Refining existing, and developing new financial reports for budget holders, senior leadership and National Governing Council.
- Working with the CFO to ensure compliance with regulations, legislation, standards, trust deeds, IPSAS, and tertiary education compliance requirements.
Who We’re Looking For
As the successful candidate you will have the following:
- A demonstrated understanding of the ethos and objectives of the College, and an ability and enthusiasm for working within that framework.
- Proactive and influential people leadership style that builds a positive team culture and performance.
- Experience in effective systems development and implementation
- Demonstrated problem analysis and sound judgement
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to non-expert audiences
- Proven experience in undertaking systems accounting in a small to medium sized organisation.
- Demonstrable commitment to improving financial management
- Tertiary sector knowledge and experience would be advantageous
We are committed to a work environment that supports wellbeing, encourages professional and personal development and celebrates successes.
- Regular community events and celebrations with staff and students (including Annual All Staff and team gatherings)
- Free parking and access to a staff discount card
- Chaplaincy support for all staff
- On our Henderson campus, our facilities include a library, cafe and an early childhood centre (Olive Shoots).
Please apply via https://www.laidlaw.ac.nz/work-with-us/ Suitable applicants will be interviewed as and when applications are received. If you have queries or would like to make a time for a confidential chat regarding the role please e-mail Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, Laidlaw College, email@example.com. We welcome a conversation to discuss your interest.
Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment, we offer quality education in theology, mission and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Henderson and Christchurch and a learning hub in Manukau. Study at Laidlaw is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life. We teach programmes from Certificate to Doctoral level.
Our mission is to equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.