Website Replenish Respite and Healing Trust
Established Christian Healing and Retreat Centre
Replenish Healing and Retreat Centre – established seven years ago in Okuku, North Canterbury – is a ‘home away from home’ for individuals and families needing God-centric respite care (https://replenishretreat.co.nz). Unique in NZ, we’re an established and recognised mission to people of every denomination, or none.
Ideally, you’ve already heard a call from God about taking up a new, missional role. We’re inviting applications for a live-in Host(s) (married is ideal; singles are also welcome to apply), committed to serving our Centre guests in a hospitality and care-based function. Non-salaried, you will receive a pocket-money stipend, along with full accommodation and board, as you care for and provide a Christ-like and welcoming environment, undertaking all the day-to-day practicalities needed to run a residential Christian centre for guests.
Our ideal is full-time Hosts; however, for outstanding applicant(s), we’d consider the possibility of two, part-time Hosts working collaboratively. Either way, you’ll be supported by volunteer “Relief Hosts” to ensure the main Hosts get time off. (For this reason, we’d like to invite Young Adults and others to apply for short-term, missional service as Relief Hosts, whether occasional or regular).
The Host role is not one for you to “create” a new vision – rather, to get excited by and align with the vision we’ve already established.
* Starting urgently, you’ll usually be the first point of contact for guests ensuring they have a safe, calm and prayer-filled space in which to heal and reconnect with God.
* If you’ve already worked in a Christian camp, retreat house, or been involved in Christian mission/ministry of some sort previously, we’re really keen to hear from you.
* Able to self-manage, you’ll also, importantly, work comfortably with a wider support team including Board members and part-time volunteers who help with garden maintenance, etc.
* You’ll be energetic, open to spiritual and operational mentoring, and able to demonstrate a practical competence in day-to-day home care, cooking, hospitality, and gardening, whilst living in a country setting.
* You’ll report to our volunteer Charitable Trust Board via the Executive Trustee. (The Board embraces a valuable mix of Spirit-filled business and ministry experience, all familiar with good management practice.)
If you believe you’re being “nudged” by the Holy Spirit, please apply to our Peter Lawry, Trustee, at firstname.lastname@example.org, including both a CV (relevant for this role), and a covering letter explaining the call you believe you have, to serve alongside us.