Website South City C3
We seek to be a welcoming passionate people following Jesus!
We are seeking a new Worship Director to join our staff team here at South City C3 Church!
Look at the job description below, if this motivates you to pray and discern about applying that’s awesome! Start putting together a sample track of some songs you have sung and musically prepared for as you will have to submit these prior to the interview.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ps. John.
Only NZ applicants that can legally work need to apply.
Worship Director Job Description (10 Hours per week)
Why do we have worship?
As a church, our vision is to be a welcoming, passionate people following Jesus. WE believe that the gathering together of the people of God to the place of worship is not only a biblical mandate for us as a church, but that worship is a place in which profound spiritual refreshing, realignment and restoration can occur. We recognise that although the leading of people into the place of worship is mainly an administrative and technical role, it is also a profoundly spiritual role.
People are at the centre of what we do here at South City C3, and the Worship Director is a pivotal role in our team in helping to uphold the culture of our worship team. Our focus is on participation and providing a genuine worship encounter during our Sunday services, special events, camps, retreats and beyond.
While we seek to serve the Lord with excellence and offer our best through worship, our teams aren’t driven by performance culture. Our teams are smaller at present and aim for a more “stripped-back” acoustic approach to our music, rather than filling the gaps with tracks.
· Lead worship teams and oversee the worship ministry as a whole
· Roster and coordinate worship and tech teams for 10:30am and 6pm services
· Fill in for roster gaps as necessary
· Oversee equipment and worship facility care, maintenance and acquisition, completing minor repairs or arranging external suppliers as necessary
· Update presentation software with songs and notices before each service
· Maintaining and adhering to annual budget
· Ensure accurate and timely CCLI reporting, ensuring copyright
· Record and upload sermon audio to OneDrive
· Facilitate the introduction of new songs, ensuring they align with scripture and provide a level of pastoral support for team members
· Attend fortnightly full staff meetings, and weekly 6pm service catchups
· Attend supervision to support you in your role
· Be humble, teachable and leadable in your role
· Regularly catch up with Ps. John Thwaites for support and oversight
Rev. John Thwaites
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.