Tearfund puts Faith in Action
Tearfund is one of New Zealand’s leading faith-based NGO’s with world-class development partnerships and programmes throughout the developing world. We are a highly respected charity that inspires people to give, learn, advocate and stand up against injustice. Our mission statement is: “Motivated by Jesus, we encourage Kiwis to act for justice to relieve poverty among the world’s most vulnerable people”. Our work encompasses modern slavery, child development, farming, enterprise, and humanitarian response.
Tearfund primarily relies on Kiwis’ financial generosity to support development projects led by local partners who work in places that are facing issues of poverty, scarcity, disempowerment and injustice.
Tearfund recognises the unique role of the church and has a dedicated Church Engagement Team that builds meaningful and lasting financial partnerships with churches in New Zealand. We focus on engaging with church leaders and teams to acquire and retain these partnerships through personal relationship-building and project-based activities.
The Fundraising Coordinator role is responsible for developing and coordinating a portfolio of projects that support the relational fundraising activity of the Church Engagement Managers. These projects are a crucial part of the Church donor acquisition plan and the one-to-few and one-to-many fundraising strategies. The Fundraising Coordinator also works with other teams within the Marketing, Fundraising & Advocacy Departments to deliver church-based events and campaigns.
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- 2+ year(s) working in an event or project management role
- High capacity and energised by a busy and varied role
- Demonstrated experience of managing multiple concurrent projects and commitments
- Exceptional project planning, management and delivery skills
- Excellent prioritisation, time management and logistical skills
- Critical-thinking and strong problem-solving ability and risk assessment
- Ability to work within budget constraints and manage financial reporting
- A clear, confident and articulate communication style – both written and verbal
- Sound working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and ideally some exposure to project management tools and CRM software solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Energy and enthusiasm to do a great job
- An excellent work ethic
- A genuine interest in Tearfund as an organisation – our mission, ethos, and the important work that we do
In return we’ll provide;
- A friendly, supportive and high-performing team environment that values celebrating our successes.
- The opportunity to learn new skills and take on more responsibility as you learn
- Flexibility to work some (but not all) time from home
- Extra leave at Christmas and on your birthday
- Southern Cross Medical Insurance
To apply please include a cover letter confirming why you’re interested in the role and working at Tearfund and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.