We’re looking for a diligent administrator with excellent attention to detail to join our friendly and competent Finance & Operations team. You’ll be professional, organised and super-efficient and you’ll get satisfaction out of helping to make things run as smoothly as possible!
Tearfund is one of New Zealand’s leading faith-based NGO’s with world-class development partnerships and programmes throughout the developing world. We are a highly respected charity that inspires people to give, learn, advocate and stand up against injustice. Our mission statement is: “Motivated by Jesus, we encourage Kiwis to act for justice to relieve poverty among the world’s most vulnerable people”. Our finance & operations team helps to enable the incredible work our partners do around the world to alleviate poverty and injustice.
You’ll be successful if you’ve got an eye for detail, are highly organised and are very comfortable multitasking. You’ll have an appreciation for doing things right the first time and you’ll be willing to pitch in and do whatever you can to help the team.
The role is varied and will see you taking responsibility for accounts payable, HR administration as well as some payroll and leave processing administration support. Some of your key areas of responsibility will be to:
- Manage Tearfund’s accounts payable process – processing invoices, preparing payment schedules and ensuring delegated authorities are followed.
- Ensure HR administration is accurately completed, including overseeing our new starter on-boarding documentation, ensuring all contractual and new starter forms are completed, setting up new starters in payroll and other systems as well as tracking and helping to administer staff records (including contract variations, work permits, length of service, Ministry of Justice checks, training and leaver’s processes).
- Administer Tearfund’s Southern Cross policy and credit card process, liaising with banking and other providers where necessary.
- Assist with Tearfund’s induction process.
- Ensure staff who are travelling complete appropriate checks and documentation.
- Assist the finance team with the preparation of our fortnightly payroll and with leave administration processes.
We’re looking for someone with all or some of the following;
- 3 + years experience in a similar finance or HR administration role, where attention to detail was important.
- 1 + years of accounts payable experience.
- Experience working in a role where maintaining confidentiality and using discretion was essential.
- Experience working in a customer-facing role.
- Numeracy skills.
- A pro-active, organised and methodical approach to work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed MS Excel skills and systems experience, with the ability to learn new systems (e.g. Xero)
- Ideally, some experience or exposure to payroll and leave management administration
- An interest in Tearfund as an organisation and the NGO sector
In return, we’ll provide:
- An opportunity to contribute and work for an organisation that brings hope to fragile communities around the world
- A friendly, supportive and capable team environment that knows how to celebrate well
- The opportunity to learn new skills and take on more responsibility as you learn
- Flexibility to split your time between working from our spacious office in Mt Roskill and home
- The ability to flex your hours during busy periods if required
- Free car parking
- Free Health Insurance
- An extra free day off at Christmas and on your birthday
This is an excellent opportunity for a hardworking and diligent individual to grow and develop personally and professionally. The role is part-time, 24-28 hours/week with some flexibility.
To apply please send a cover letter outlining why you’re interested in this role along with your CV to email@example.com. To find out more about the role, please call Elke on 021802213.