PRAY for those who have been traumatised or demoralised by the recent floods, and for those – including churches – who are assisting them.
PRAY for the growing bi-cultural and multi-cultural unity of Aotearoa-New Zealand, and that Christians may be outstanding examples of inter-cultural oneness (see the article below, and join us on Pray As One at 8.00 pm on Waitangi Day).
PRAY for the Christians and churches in New Zealand, that they may be renewed in their faith in Christ, the Gospel and the Bible, that the Holy Spirit may deepen their life of prayer, that they may be full of faith, that they may be loving, that they may be wise, that they may be encouraged, and that they may be fruitful, growing, and of good repute.
PRAY for the Prime Minister, the Cabinet, and all Members of Parliament
- that they may make decisions which honour God and help everyone
- that, along with working for a good economy, all parties may be committed – in both word and action – to effectively address deep problems such as inequality, poverty, unaffordable housing, drugs, crime, the weakening of marriage and family, ongoing environmental degradation, and increasing moral confusions
- that the great wave of radical, loosely-written, and destructive social legislation – abortion ‘reform’, euthanasia, ‘conversion practices’, ‘hate speech’ etc. – may cease to roll through Parliament and society
- that the 2023 election campaign may rise above mere slogans, sectional interests, election bribes, accusations and counter-accusations, personality preferences, and instead thoughtfully deal with long-term problems
- that the 2023 election may result in more MPs who can be strong, courageous, persuasive voices for Christian faith and values.
PRAY for the New Zealand Christian Leader’s Congress, that this may be a great God-given time of oneness, stimulus, inspiration, heart-searching, prayer, and encouragement. Make sure you save the dates: 19-21 September 2023.